- My kids are healthy and awesome. I love them dearly and they keep me going when things are tough.
- My husband. We've been married over 15 years and together even longer. I love him so much and he loves me just as much. When things are tough (like they are financially right now), we still have each other. I thank "The Powers that Be" every day for bringing him into my life.
- My animals. Yep--they bring me peace when I need it.
- My mom. She loves me and she is there for me, although it is often with the downside of telling me what I am doing wrong at any given moment (this is an everyday occurrence, unfortunately). I love you Mom.
- My writing ability--this is both a blessing and a curse. I know I can write well, but I have a tendency to overthink things and sabotage my career.
- My new job as a freelance writer for my local newspaper, the Moapa Valley Progress. Wish me luck in this endeavor. Of course--since it is freelance, it is only part time, so I will still have time to write for Affordable Baby Organics and Demand Studios. And of course, I am always available for anyone else who wants to hire me.
- Depression. I hate that I struggle with this. This is a relatively new development in my life, and it isn't under control. And I hate not being in control.
- My finances. This is such a weird thing for me. I have no control over my husband's reduced hours, but that sucks. And I quit a "perfectly good" job at the bakery to pursue my writing career, which is being built, but slower than I anticipated. In my defense (and, boy, do I question this!), I had to quit for my mental health. I came home every day and cried. I love baking, but working in the bakery was very stressful. Let's just say that people can be extremely mean...
- Dude, I have more blessings than curses! It's just that the curses are so big that they sometimes overwhelm the blessings...
So, current cookbook:
The Freezer Gourmet - 5 Chicken Recipes for the Grill (around the world version)
Thanks everyone for the comments on my previous post. I appreciate your thoughts and wishes, and I am thrilled to death that people actually read my blog. :)