A Don't List for 2010
by Martha Brockenbrough
Martha shares 15 things to NOT do in 2010
- Don’t forget to take time off.
- Don’t forget to try new things—new restaurants, new stores, new recipes.
- Don’t clean where no one looks.
- Don’t compare your house or your kids or your life with anyone else’s.
- Don’t hang on to things you don’t need, things that don’t work, or things that aren’t useful or beautiful.
- Don’t volunteer for anything with subcommittees.
- Don’t try to repair a bedroom ceiling with super glue.
- Don’t over-bake the chocolate chip cookies.
- Don’t stay up late just because you’re a grownup. Falling asleep at 8 p.m. can be awesome.
- Don’t read magazines just because you subscribed. Magazines aren’t homework.
- Don’t turn on the TV just to see what’s on. Read a book, have a conversation, or get some sleep instead.
- Don’t hang on to old jeans that are too tight, underwear with holes, or bras that pinch.
- Don’t offer to do something you don’t really want to do.
- Don’t answer the phone if you don’t want to talk to anyone.
- Don’t forget to nap if you need to.