Social Security Bypasses Privacy for "Security"

I am getting really tired of the government invading my privacy under the guise of the "safety of the people." When are Americans going to learn that we are giving away all of our rights--everything our forefathers fought for? I agree that we need to do more to prevent terrorism, but I also feel that there has to be a better way than invading my right to privacy to get it. In a perfect world there would be no abuses in these forays allegedly designed to protect people from terrorism--but hey, in a perfect world there would be no terrorism. What I am very afraid of is that the government is amassing all of these "rights" legally to investigate people, and at some point they are going to abuse their power and use it to investigate any person for any reason. Big Brother is watching...

0 comments: